Friday, November 5, 2010

Stones and Water

A thought crossed my mind as I sat on the train yesterday - one that made me smile out loud!

I can reveal now, loving reader, that the Continuum of Prayer revolves around two physical substances: stone and water.

Let me unpack my hypothesis before you log off ...



   Structured Prayer   ------------->  Water passing through old stone [walls]
(with books, old books)                                 (in churches, old churches)
               |                                                                                     |
               |                                                                                     |
               |                                                                                     |
              \/                                                                                  \/
Spontaneous Prayer ------------->    Pebbles passing through water
      (no books)                                      (shiny pebbles into a bowl of water)

If you have no idea what I am talking about, speak to an Ordinand or a recently ordained person





No comments:

Post a Comment